LEAN Process Engineer - Manufacturing & Logistics
Do you have a background in Process Engineering and implementing LEAN manufacturing & logistics processes? Do you enjoy training, mentoring & coaching others in LEAN processes & techniques? Would you relish the opportunity to join a business that design and manufacture equipment and provide services for advanced-technology markets such as the Aerospace, Nuclear Defence & Rail industries?
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Process Engineer with strong lean experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of performance improvement projects on both company and customer sites. You will support operations in driving lean manufacturing and logistics methods within the business; focused on best practice and leading process improvement initiatives from the front.
As this position will involve travelling to customer sites to implement processes & provide training, a full driving licence is essential.
Accepting the positive challenge of this role will offer you the opportunity to join a friendly and collaborative company and to also showcase your knowledge and expertise and continue to build a progressive and successful career.
- Working with operational teams, put in place operational performance tools including process mapping, waste reduction and problem solving techniques, visual management and compare to proven lean manufacturing and logistics operation
- SEED implementation coordinator (Global Programme) which aims to improve and develop sustainable performance for all Group entities
- Delivery and facilitation of Lean training to share best practice techniques
- Facilitate the implementation of agreed action plans
- Prioritise, schedule and delegate tasks to ensure project delivery
- Measure the effectiveness of improvements made and any cost savings
- Review site layout and propose improvements
- Carry out or ensure the launch of the re-engineering projects and track their progress
- Perform data extractions for creation of indicators, reporting etc
Key Experience & Skills sought:
- Knowledge of (and a proven track record in) implementing lean manufacturing and logistics processes is essential
- Hands on approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring in the delivery of Lean
- Knowledge of operational supply chain flows is essential
- ERP/MRP and WMS system knowledge and experience is desirable
- Firm understanding of Lean philosophy, methodology and implementation
- Have the ability to manage projects and drive required changes to improve productivity and performance
- Be of an inquisitive nature, open minded and able to work on your own initiative