Payroll Assistant, Birmingham City Centre
Haig&Co are thrilled to have been engaged by a successful and friendly Accountancy Practice based in Birmingham City Centre to partner them in their important search for an experienced Payroll Assistant.
As Payroll Assistant you will join a very friendly Finance team with a great boss and become part of a professional and quality payroll and accounting service to clients.
- Main responsibility will be to manage the payroll process for up to approx 70 external clients
- Processing various payroll runs through the month and providing support and advice to employees in relation to payroll inquiries
- Dealing with any pension queries
- Producing various payroll reports when required
- All month end payroll processing using SAGE
- Processing payments to HMRC
- Dealing with invoicing and customer queries
- Assisting with any other ad-hoc duties when required
- Proven payroll experience, ideally working within an Accountancy Practice although this is not essential
- Understanding of all aspects of payroll processing and reporting to include payroll legislation
- Confident user of SAGE payroll software
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication with a customer service focus
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Can work on own initiative as well as a small team environment
Great working environment with a truly collaborative and friendly team.