I am currently recruiting on behalf of my corporate client based in Coventry for an outgoing, strong minded Procurement Assistant to support the Category Management Teams with a view to improving our administration quality, preparation for negotiations, deal team organisation and supplier support.
With around 340 deals, 8 Category Management Teams and a peak workload of 150 new deals at year end, there is a requirement to joining the existing 2 Commercial Support team and replace a long standing employee who is leaving to pursue a new direction, after an extensive handover period.
Candidates will need: administrative, analytical, project and computer skills, and ideally some experience of procurement processes. They would be based in Coventry and would report to the Managing Director.
The Procurement Assistant/Analyst will aim to:
- Improved deal administration to a higher standard, aiming for 'right first time'
- Support and reduce workload for Chairmen, Administrators and Partners
- Support negotiations
- Improve preparation for negotiation meetings to enable better deals
- Resolve rebate queries to support faster rebate payments
- Improve the implementation of procedures, systems and best practice
- Supplier administration - complete and chase missing contracts/price lists, turnover queries, price increases and promotions)
- Support to ensure purchasing processes and projects are delivered efficiently
- Support buyers negotiations, which will be usually undertaken in collaboration with other partners
- Issuing and analysing pre-negotiating deal questionnaires
- Pre-tender product line level analysis (where data available) to provide more in depth negotiating focus (e.g. net net price comparisons)
- Issue Invitations to Tender to suppliers and conduct analysis of replies for negotiating teams
- Negotiation meeting preparation to enable there to be a focused meeting
- Briefing Negotiating Teams ahead of supplier meetings
- Accurately set up deals on the intranet ('The Hub') to ensure clear and complete information and all relevant documents are available throughout the deal
- Monitoring CMT stats/KPIs/savings measurement to track performance
Key skills and attributes:
- Confident and highly organised multi-tasker and self-starter who can work unsupervised
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and commercial thinker
- Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables/Vlookup etc.) and Word skills
- Understanding of procurement processes and associated buying considerations
- Experienced Administrator