LEAN/ BIT Tutor
BABCOCK INTERNATIONAL GROUP is currently looking to appoint an experienced BIT (Business Improvements Techniques) Tutor to join our team on a permanent basis based onsite in Coventry.
The purpose of the role is to deliver BIT and curriculum programmes.
Top 4 Major Tasks and Activities:
- The development of Tech Cert programmes in readiness for delivery.
- Demonstrate and support good practice through innovative teaching and learning strategies and introduce new technologies in the classroom
- Promote the sharing of ideas across the Academy to support objectives in becoming an "outstanding" provider
- Participate in internal verification activities to ensure compliance and standardisation across the contract
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
- Effective management of resources and operational risk
- Experience of programme development and design
- Competent teacher / instructor with experience of delivering level 3 programmes in the engineering sector (particularly Business Improvement Techniques) preferably including functional skills level 2 and Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERRs)
- Competent teacher / instructor with experience of delivering level 3 programmes in the engineering sector (particularly around Lean techniques)
- Champions the role of programme and project management in the organisation and maintains an effective relationship with the relevant subject matter experts
- Literate in Microsoft Office applications
- Ideally hold or be working towards ATLS / QTLS
Key Analytical Skills and Challenges / competencies:
- Innovative approach to work, adopting a flexible, positive attitude - creating solutions & thinking flexibly
- Previous leadership and management experience
- Demonstrate experience in course design and planning
- Ideally hold or be working towards DTTLS qualifications with a view to obtaining QTLS
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching and learning
- £32,000 - £35,000
- Full-time, 37 Hours
- Monday - Friday (08:15 - 16:15 + 1 in 4 Saturays)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible benefits
Requires enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks through the Independent Safeguarding Authority
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 100 business, we provide 600 services across six continents and we are the UK’s leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the nation’s largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training working in partnership with major employers across the Automotive, Emergency Services, Engineering and Service sectors.
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please click the Apply Now button below.
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.