Solidworks CAD Design Engineer
SOLIDWORKS CAD Design Engineer, JMDA Design, Pershore UK
JMDA is an award winning, UK based product design consultancy. We are a fast growing company, and are now looking to further expand our team and bring in an experienced Solidworks CAD Design Engineer.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to join a company with big ambitions and global reach. We are seeking someone with a proven ability to utilise Solidworks to engineer product designs. This role has career advancement potential and the opportunity to work on products with recognised brands.
As a Solidworks CAD Design Engineer, you will be expected to contribute to various phases of the product development process, applying your knowledge to engineer robust, feasible, production ready product designs.
Skills and Experience:
- Several years experience working in-house or consulting within a product design and development environment
- Experienced working with Solidworks 3D CAD to generate 3D models and assemblies
- Understanding of structural design of mechanisms and components
- Possess creative and analytical skills to propose and assess best mechanical solutions
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes, primarily plastic injection moulding and metal fabrication
- Competence in material selection
- Experienced in prototyping, testing and proving feasibility of a design
- Ability to work on concurrent projects, ensuring deadlines are met on time
- A team player, ready to share in the demands of a small business
- Willingness to support and develop the skills of the junior design team members
- Must be a UK resident or possess an EU working visa
- Valid passport and a willingness to travel overseas as and when a project requires.
- Clean driving license and independent means of transport is essential due to our rural location.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, Design Engineering or a related discipline
Competitive, dependent on experience
For Recruiters: We prefer to hire staff directly. We don’t have time to take calls from recruitment companies and any CVs from an agency we do not have a contract with will be considered unsolicited and JMDA will not be obliged to pay any fees.