Customer Services Officer - call centre
POSTCustomer Services Officer
To provide a comprehensive, efficient, effective and responsive enquiry service to customers, ensuring excellent customer service in every interaction.
To work within the team to enhance and develop the provision of an excellent, integrated, single access point service (telephone, face to face, e-mail or other media).
To take responsibility for the resolution of customer enquiries in relation to busniess services.
To present a customer friendly, positive and professional response to customers over the telephone or by electronic means or face to face, with the aim of satisfying enquiries with a single contact.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take responsibility for the resolution of customer enquiries in relation to services and the provision of an extensive information service in a positive and professional manner either face-to-face; over the telephone or by electronic means with the aim of satisfying enquiries within a single contact.
- Ensure that all enquiries are correctly diagnosed, responded to, tracked and followed up as required.
- Provide a responsive customer enquiry service as appropriate.
- Ensure the service is delivered in accordance with agreed service standards.
- Determine the nature of customer enquiries and, where appropriate, for more complex queries conduct detailed interviews.
- Effectively prioritise enquiries and, where appropriate, hand over to Departmental Specialists, or the Team Manager, within specified standards.
- Further develop the service, contribute ideas and assist in determining solutions based on first hand experience and monitoring of customer feedback or consultation.
- 'Own' personal development plan and actively take part in coaching and performance workshops.
- Undertake a range of administrative duties to support the processing of customer enquiries in order to deliver the service.
- Liaise with other Departments of the organisation and various agencies for the benefit of customers.
- Present a professional image at all times.
- Accept empowerment within the framework of the organisation and Departmental policies and instructions, and subject to the over-riding authority of line managers, Customer Service Officers are authorised to undertake all duties appertaining to the areas of work outlined above.