Standard Operation Procedures Writer
Standard Operation Procedures Writer
Reference Number: GB06237
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control, and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
"Team Leidos which includes Kuehne+Nagel as the Storage, Distribution and Freight Delivery Partner took over the MoD's Logistics Commodities Services Operation in August 2015. In order to support the MoD Contract and other opportunities within the public sector, the Kuehne+Nagel Government and Defence Business Unit was set up within the UK Technology Division.
The MoD Contract runs for 13 years with Transformation to a new state due to take until 2018.
Almost 1000 colleagues TUPE'd across on Service Commencement Date on 15 sites nationwide, the largest of which are Donnington and Bicester. Our proposal to the MoD included the building of a new 80,000m2 Defence Fulfilment Centre in Donnington, building work commenced in November 2015 and is scheduled for completion November 2016.
A fixed term opportunity (6 months) has arisen to directly support the Transition programme. Based in MoD Donnington, as part of the User Acceptance Testing team, you would exclusively be dedicated to supporting Transition, through documenting the new processes and ways of working into new Standard Operating Procedures for the operation.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Creation of new SOPs based on new processes created as part of transition
* Ensure new SOPs adhere to corporate and business unit guidelines and are aligned with current SOP structure
* Agree and formally sign off new SOPs with senior management
* Maintain strict document and change control and maintain a database detailing new WBIs created
* Agree and formally handover new SOPs with relevant project/operation
* Follow efficient standards of work in order to comply with legislation, Health and Safety (H&S 18001) / Quality and Company policy (9001) / Environmental Policy (14001)
* Promote H&S and Company policies and values
* Adhere to company standards as detailed in the Code of Conduct Policy
* Comply with all instructed Safe Working Practices including the reporting of all accidents and incidents within the workplace
* Understand operational KPIs and impact on operations
* Comply and contribute to the KN 5s standards within the working area
* Adopt KN Principles and Behaviours
Your skills and experience
Knowledge / Experience:
* Experience of working to agreed targets.
* PC literate (inc. Microsoft Word and Excel)
* Understanding of warehouse practices e.g. picking, packing, loading (End to End processes)
* Experience in creation of Work Based Instructions / Standard Operating Procedures
* Understanding of Key Performance Indicators
* An awareness of change management
* Experience of document control methods
* Ability to work individually or as part of a team
* Reliable and committed to attending work on time
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Detail orientated
* Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable with interacting with senior members of the business
* Experience within a fast-paced customer focused environment
* An ability to travel off site and occasional overnight stays may be required
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process.
This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain
information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks