Manufacturing Process Engineer
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Shift: 3 shift rotating (x2 shifts (Double Days) once training has been given to aid Production with 24/5 Shifts patterns)
Salary: Depending on Experience / Negotiable
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Process Engineer for a leading Aerospace company based in Shrewsbury. They produce military, civil aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine, machined and fabricated casings, machined rings, honeycomb rings, segmented rings, compression blades, turbine vanes, combustion liners and engine assemblies.
Manufacturing process engineers are technical professionals who develop or improve business processes to increase efficiency and boosts profits of an organisation in the manufacturing sector.
They are responsible for providing the overall process design and suggest measures for improvement of manufacturing, thereby increasing productivity and improving manufacturing costs and efficiencies.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
You will be able to:
· Work on new product design for production release. the manufacturing process engineer works with the marketing and product design teams to formulate a manufacturing process for the new product
· Work with equipment designers and manufacturing personnel to develop a cost-effective and working production process of any new or existing product
· Introduce set detailed specifications and implement production plans
· Conduct tests on systems for efficiency and accuracy till a quality and cost-effective production process is implemented successfully (DMAIC)
· Oversee process design projects and make sure the projects are completed on time
· Ensure that throughout the manufacturing process, the financial budgets are not exceeded
· Design new processes, improve the present manufacturing or production processes to boost productivity, quality, and profitability for a company (CI / Six Sigma)
· Research and purchase new manufacturing technology, work in collaboration with the engineering department to "better production equipment functionality"
· Implement the transition of new technology to make sure production continues successfully without any hassles
· Gather statistical data and use this to drive shop floor improvements
· Be competent to use and report out, RCA Tools to understand the problem and fix any repeatable concerns
· Direct Reporting to the Business Unit Manager (with a dotted Line to the Ops Manager)
· Able to multi task on several projects with a can-do attitude
Key Skills & Experience:
· Must have good analytical skills and should be detail-oriented
· Must be able to work in a team and follow deadlines
· Must have good leadership skills and communication skills
· Aerospace Experience would be an advantage
· At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role (to hit the ground running)
· Hands On person with good coaching skills
How to apply:
If you feel that you have all the experience and skill for this position, then please Apply or send your most recent CV to Sam Kerby @ AM2PM