Residential Support Worker
Residential Support Worker - Waking Nights
Birmingham, West Midlands
We are currently recruiting for a Support Worker to join an excellent social care provider, working with children and young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties aged 11-18 years. The care provider is based in Birmingham and has a full-time permanent vacancy.
Waking night shifts are from 10pm to 8am and you will work on a rolling rota.
Candidates will be expected to have a get up and go attitude. Experience with children and young people who have challenging behaviour is preferable (not essential).
The ideal candidate would need to have the passion and drive to make a real difference in these young people’s lives and to be able to understand the challenges faced by this client group, although experience is not essential for candidates within this client group the above attitudes must be evident.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide a caring, safe, secure and accepting environment that meets the physical, health, social needs and rights of the young people.
- Assist in the compilation and execution of a comprehension timetable of activity to enhance the quality of life
- Developing and maintaining a good level of awareness of child protection issues, assessing and recording risk. Completing accurate and up to date records of the work undertaken and completing written reports
- Learn about service user's individual needs and requirements and to take responsibility for the promotion of safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people
- A passion and commitment towards working with children and young people
- Flexible to work a range of shift patterns
-Full UK Manual Driving Licence, must be held for 3 years
Benefits to you:
- Full training and further qualifications, to include QCF Level 3 Working with Children and Young People (if not already held)
- The chance to work for a specialist care provider
- Join a fantastic person centred team
- Competitive annual salary
- At least every other weekend off
-Over-time available with enhanced pay
If you would like to work for a professional and passionate company who has the interests of their service users and employees at heart and have your own personal passion and drive to make the difference to the lives of children and young people, then please apply today!
For a full job description please contact Chatley Resourcing