Lead Module Engineer - Warwickshire
A Lead Design and Development Module Engineer is required to join and Innovative Military Vehicle manufacturing facility on a Permanent Basis. The Lead Module Engineer will be responsible for development and delivery of crew components and systems. The Lead Module Engineer role will involve leading an adaptable team of engineers across the multi-discipline needs of the Vehicle to resolve problems and propose design solutions.
The Lead Module Engineer should have a proven history in leading design, and development of technical programmes, preferably in a Defence, Automotive or Special Off-Highway Vehicles environment. The Lead Module Engineer will have Experience of engagement with Analysis teams and tools and other related analytical tools throughout the full Engineering Life-Cycle.
Responsibilities and Experience Required of the Lead Module Engineer
- Knowledge of the Structural elements of Specialised Military Vehicles
- Knowledge of materials specifications for steels, composites and alloys
- Knowledge of production processes and materials for fabrications, castings and composites
- Knowledge of related strict legislative requirements and Defstans
- Able to lead the multi-disciplinary team for specific aspects of the program
- Prepare material for internal and external design reviews
- Prepare materials for reporting issue resolution
- Support critical design appraisals throughout the design and development product life-cycle
- Provide concise briefings to Senior Management
Qualifications & Requirements of the Lead Module Engineer
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in the design and development phases of products
- Knowledge of vehicle systems from concept through to series production
- Experience of engineering vehicle systems designs against requirements and targets
- Ability to liaise and present information to multi-disciplined team members
- Ability to interpret mechanical design requirements and propose design solutions
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Experience of drawing release through CAD, review and approval of supplier drawings/specs
- Experience in low volume or special purpose Military Vehicles would be a distinct advantage
- A Broad knowledge of standards and legislation for military platforms is desirable
- Ability to understand Analytical tools and interpret into design requirements
- Experience in Root cause analysis would be an advantage
- Knowledge of quality control/assurance procedures and best practice is desirable
- Experience and knowledge of documentation of FMEA's is an advantage
- Knowledge of Design Validation plans and implementation of test plans is desirable
The Lead Module Engineer must hold or capable of holding Security Clearance up to level of SC and Willing to travel within the UK and overseas.
If you are interested in this Lead Module Engineer position then please apply directly or send a suitable MS Word Format CV directly to my Email at . Alternatively, if you wish to discuss then please contact Peter Heap on my direct line .