Full Time Position
Venue - Redditch
When - Immediately
Covers - 120+ and private dining
Food - Fresh, Seasonal, Sharing, Modern European Cuisine & Steaks
Salary - OTE of £24,000+ (inclusive of tronc and tips)
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reporting directly to the Head Chef you will be accountable for the delivery of the quality and consistency of food and preparation. Work with the kitchen team as directed to produce the very highest quality food for guests
* Ensure the correct and proper amount of 'mise en place’ is made prior to service
* Maintain the exact and highest standard of food prepared on a daily basis
* Follow agreed and costed recipes as instructed by your Head Chef
* To ensure all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality and temperature.
* Understanding of financial controls and management of kitchen including; rotas, wastage, stock controls and compliance.
* Ensure minimal wastage is made in the production of any prepared food
* Always work in an orderly and tidy fashion and cleaning along as you work
* Assist in the adherence of all Food Hygiene, Health & Safety regulations
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Previous experience as a Sous Chef preferred for minimum of 12 months
* Advanced knowledge of Food Safety Law
* High standard of personal presentation
* Committed to delivering a first class customer service
* Friendly manner & highly organised
* Able to effectively communicate with both guests and internal colleagues
* Genuine interest in food and drink and desire to progress
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your cv by clicking 'apply' below.
Please note, if you do not get a response within 5 working days your application has been unsuccessful. However, we will keep your CV on file for further positions.