Competitive Basic + Car + Benefits
Our client is a renowned Midlands sports club looking to appoint a high calibre Financial Controller to work directly for the CFO to ensure the continued growth and success of the club.
You will manage all management and financial accounting processes, providing all required reporting information to the CFO.
Duties will include:
- Managing a small team heading up the day to day financial activities including; preparation of month end accounts, VAT returns, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments, audits and year end statutory accounts
- Implement and maintain all financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures
- Develop forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow)
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Management of the payroll and completion of P11D tax forms and other statutory returns
- Liaison with external auditors and management of the annual audit process.
- Qualified Accountant ACCA, ACA or ACMA
- To be considered for this role you must have previous experience working in sport and leisure ideally in a club environment
- Clarity in written and verbal communication and able to articulate financial issues in an easily understandable fashion
- An enquiring mind and proactive focus
- Confident and articulate in presentation
- A true team player capable of flexibility and application to tasks at a variety of different levels
How to Apply
To apply in confidence please submit a fully detailed CV online detailing your current remuneration package quoting job reference 370635.