Volunteer, Befriender & Companion (Paid)
Volunteer Befriender & Companion (Paid)
Our client is looking for a Volunteer Befriender & Companion living in the Birmingham area close to the following areas: Digbeth, Edgbaston, Harborne, Quinton, Bearwood, Frankley, Selly Oak, Bournville, Kings Norton, Bordesley Green , Ward End, Washwood Heath, Small Spark Hill, Moseley, Kings Heath, May Pole, Yardley, Acocks Green.
An award winning provider our client specialises in consistent, bespoke, quality companionship lead service to private clients in their own homes. With a minimum of one hour service they believe this enables relationship to be central to the support they provide.
Would you like a job where you can really make a difference to someone’s life?
We currently have part time vacancies including early mornings, mornings, lunch times, evenings and weekends. Even if you are only looking for a few hours a week they would love to hear from you. This position will involve supporting clients with a range of activities in and around their home plus out in the community.
Why work for us as a Volunteer Befriender & Companion?
- Salary £8.10-£16.00 per hour, Plus Mileage,
- Minimum of 16 to 30 contracted hours depending on experience and availability
- This is an amazingly rewarding job!
- Our clients enjoy the relationship they build with their Companion/Befriender
- To be part of a team that is genuinely passionate about High Quality Companionship.
- You will have a regular client and will work locally, keeping travelling to a minimum and enabling continuity for our customers.
- Genuine opportunity to develop a rewarding career
- Ongoing support and full training provided.
Do I meet the essential criteria?
- Are you passionate and do you want to make a difference to someone’s life?
- Could you offer our clients companionship and support without taking away their dignity?
- Do you have a good work ethic?
- Are you naturally caring and dependable?
- High standard of spoken and written English?
- Willing to undertake a DBS check?
- Willing to partake in training courses?
- Being a driver is not essential but preferred, as some of our clients need assistance with errands and appointments and going out into the community.
If you are interested in applying for this position or you would like to hear more about the vacancy please click on apply. If you meet the above criteria will contact you and give you further information about the position. We always treat applications in the strictest of confidence.