Mechanical Design Engineer - Rail
This is a technical position within a rail organisation that focuses on rail safety .
- Mechanical design and development.
- Perform finite element analysis (FEA) to evaluate design concepts.
- Work with cross-disciplinary engineering team.
- Preparation of technical documentation including CAD drawings, test plans, reports, and product requirements documents to support product design
- Management of bill of materials (BOMs)
- Design, setup, and execution
Desired Criteria & Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or closely related field (all levels of experience will be considered)
- Experience with 3D mechanical design using CAD packages such as Solidworks
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) software
- Experience designing within rail industry a distinct advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills