Cosmetic Chemist - Natural Formulations
My client is a privately owned contract manufacturer of natural/organic cosmetic and personal care products and there is currently an opportunity for a Development Chemist to join their team.
- Formulating new products in line with customer briefs or new supplier
- technologies/raw materials & meeting targets agreed by manager & or NPD team.
- Re-formulate existing products for improved performance or cost benefit.
- Costing of formulation & sourcing raw materials.
- Set up testing according to customer protocols/technical guidelines.
- Attend & provide technical support for account managers in customer meetings.
- Other functions include sign-off artwork as per Dev lab check list; provide technical support in risk assessments for new products as well as with the replacement of current raw materials; assist in the scale up of new products; problem solve faulty batches; & creating product specifications.
- Keep abreast of new regulations & ensure formulations comply with different regions.
- Previous formulation development experience
- Degree in either Chemistry or Cosmetic Chemistry
- Experience working with natural formulations
- Previous experience working to customer briefs
- A desire for continuous learning
For more info please get in touch with Dan at The Advocate Group