We are recruiting for a Quality Engineer on behalf of our client based in Coventry. As a quality engineer you will be responsible for various duties such as leading continuous improvement of Coventry Quality system, standards and procedures through introduction of world class tools, techniques and methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities of a quality engineer
- Facilitate quality standard design, development & improvement
- Develop, execute and analyse quality procedures
- Establish processes to maintain quality standards
- Develop, facilitate, and lead activities focused on risk reduction (current and future) across all internal production processes
- Ensure accuracy of production process risk reporting
- Lead customer quality issue investigation, immediate containment and route-cause corrective action
- Support Andon problem resolution through timely response to the escalation process.
- Process 'Problem Investigation Reports' in a timely manner applying robust long-term containment actions. Utilise various problem solving and analysis techniques e.g. 8D, SPC, FMEA, Taguchi, QFD
- Ensure proper inspections and product quality
- Support quality gate development and improvement
- Establish, maintain, analyse and report quality metrics
- Develop & implement training materials
- Lead ECN and NPPD quality activities, ensuring changes/new models are delivered according to plan to the correct quality standards. Developing and maintaining the use of timing plans, advanced quality planning techniques e.g. PPAP and FMEA etc…
- Support Value Engineering (VA/VE) and Cost Reduction initiatives by providing technical and quality liaison internally and throughout our supplier base with the potential deployment of Lean methodologies.
- Promote TBS methodologies
- Promote values and behaviours
- Lead, coach & support Quality problem solving activities
- Lead projects and/or improvement events
- Conduct internal quality & compliance audits (ISO, SOX, GEAR etc.)
- Liaise with sister segment to meld Quality programs together
- Help give feedback and improve robustness of Coventry Quality Program
- Ensure process, supplied components, and production performance fall within the parameters of Quality system parameters
Details of a Quality Engineer
- Location: Coventry
- £15-£22 per hour.
- Hours: Mon-Fri- 38 Hours
- Contract- 3months
Skill and Experience of a Quality Engineer
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing environment is essential.
- An understanding of Lean manufacturing systems.
- Possess good level of problem solving skills.
- Possess good communication skills to effectively communicate at all levels within the organisation and externally.
- Possess good analytical skills and have the ability to think creatively.
- Process improvement
- Ability to produce and work to timing plans.
- Previous experience of quality and problem solving techniques.
- Degree or equivalent in Manufacturing or Business
- Industrial, Manufacturing or Quality based engineering related qualification.
- Full clean driving license.
Benefits of working as a Quality Engineer,
- 28 days holidays
- Working for a reputable company
- Good company Pension
- Company car park
If you are interested in this position please click Apply
Please be aware that due to a large number of applicants you may not be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within a week please give us a call on :