Part Time Business Development Role
Permanent Part Time Business Development Role Based in Alfreton
Your new company
Our client is well known name within the school uniform marketplace. Due to ongoing expansion they are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic individual to join the team as a Part-Time New Business Internal Sales Executive. The role will focus on the whole school market with a view to winning business away from competitors and gaining commitment from schools to become their approved supplier
Your new role
- Research calls to schools, trusts and academies to ascertain who is the decision maker for school uniform, who is their current supplier and when the contract is due for review.
- Research to find schools that are changing status and reviewing uniform suppliers.
- Making around 40 outgoing calls per day to prospects.
- Forward planning future calls to tender for business.
- Developing ongoing relationships with key decision makers in schools.
- Organising and sending out samples and following up sample packs.
- Day to day management and development of the schools database and CRM system to maximize call backs and sales.
- Where appropriate making appointments for the sales director to visit schools and academies.
- Generate and proactively follow up leads and high quality enquires.
- Liaise effectively with all departments to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Build a new business pipeline of sufficient sales volume to achieve the business objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in business to business telephone sales, be used to working to targets and KPI's and be a self-starter needing the minimum of supervision. You will be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Word and Excel together with experience of using and maintaining a CRM system. You will need to be confident, outgoing and a team player with the ability to develop and build strong working relationships over the phone. Experience of selling to schools would be an advantage although this is not essential.
What you'll get in return
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9.30-3.30. The company offers 20 days holiday per year plus stats, company pension scheme and bonus based on performance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.