Facilities Manager - Science Research Facility - West Midlands
On behalf of our Worcestershire based Client, a leading manufacturer of specialist chemicals, we are actively seeking a Facilities Manager or Site Manager. The Facilities Manager will oversee a modern research facility including laboratories, offices, sampling and storage space, based in an easily accessible and pleasant rural location and will have a wide range of responsibilities. Candidates should ideally have experience in premises management, project management, planning and operations.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Overseeing strategic planning and managing day to day operations, in relation to buildings and premises.
- Project management of approved Capital Expenditure projects for the Site
- Leading all aspects of site environmental, health and safety to ensure compliance to company standards and permit requirements.
- Managing risk assessments and the records concerned with maintenance and contractors.
- Managing onsite IT systems
- Overseeing general upkeep and maintenance & manage new building projects
- Managing site maintenance contracts and insurancesÂ
- Managing site security, including environmental security.
- Ensuring compliance with Corporate and Site EHSQ policies and procedures.
- Organising Site training programmes in Health & Safety as necessary.
- Degree, HND or similar in a scientific or technical subject â€" ideal but not essential.
- Relevant experience in facilities, premises or site management preferred.
- Project management experience
- Good communication skills including use of IT
- Problem solver with positive attitude
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure.
- Team player
Salary: Excellent salary package.
Location: West Midlands / Worcestershire
Please email your CV to Margaret or for a completely confidential discussion about this role or to gain further information then do call Margaret Wilkinson at Hunter Chase Consultants.
Hunter Chase Consultants
Finding the right candidate ..................matching success