Distribution Manager £50,600 Car Benefits
We are looking for an experienced Distribution Manager / Transport Manager to join an already successful Senior Management Team. As the Distribution Manager / Transport Manager, you will provide overall operational and strategic leadership for all aspects of the multi temperature distribution and transport operation as well as supporting the overall requirements of the Distribution Centre.
Managing a large fleet of 250+ multi-temperature LGV’s and circa 200+ staff across a large geographical area, this demanding but exciting role requires the successful applicant to be experienced in the management of all aspects of a fast-paced transport operational environment with responsibility for vehicles and able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of transport legislation and its application within a multidrop operation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Ultimate responsibility for all day to day distribution operations
- Successful integration of new business
- Ensuring a high level of customer service to all sectors of the business
- Establishing a positive working culture, driving high levels of driver engagement
- Recruitment, retention and training of the distribution team
- Responsible for delivering against agreed budgets and KPI's
- Ensuring site compliance with all relevant employment / transport legislation Management of service contractors
- Supporting the site for management of site facilities
- Review existing operations to drive performance improvement
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- A strong, inspirational, energetic and motivational leader with the ability to manage through engagement and "hit the ground running"
- The ability to make positive changes and influences to ensure the optimum performance of the operation.
- At least 3 years' experience running a large distribution team and fleet HACCP (desirable)
- A CPC holder
- Highly customer focussed with the ability to problem solve
- Excellent PC/Systems skills
- Strong team player
- Experience of secondary exposure (desirable but not essential)