An exciting role for a business savvy Personal Assistant to support a team of three Executive Board members at a growing, highly reputable optical distributor.
The role of Personal Assistant is to support senior business leaders, and involves creating and embedding efficiencies and processes as well as supporting assembly of business presentations and documents.
This PA role is new to the business so enables the right person to put their stamp on it. Personality is key - being confident, friendly and having strong interpersonal skills will be essential.
- Providing comprehensive support to the Executive Board.
- Organising company events and conferences.
- Supporting the HR Manager with administration activities.
Daily duties will include:
Producing documents and presentations, including complex power point presentations for high level meetings.
Organising and maintaining diaries, and making appointments.
Organising meetings, and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings.
Arranging travel and accommodation.
Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing; creating efficient processes to support our executive team to do their jobs.
Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post; sometimes corresponding on behalf of the executive team.
Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests; handling them when appropriate.
- Providing support to the HR Manager including:
arranging interviews and taking notes during interviews
maintaining HR databases and personnel files, including managing starters and leavers documentation and processes.
Skills and Experience sought:
- Experience in a Personal Assistant or Executive PA role
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent IT skills including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and other Microsoft programmes
- Strong communication skills - The Executive team work from our Birmingham office and remotely so effective communication will be critical.
- Able to liaise with people at all levels and build rapport.
- Able to work independently and within a team-focused environment.
- Able to respond to frequently-changing priorities and handle a diverse workload.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work with the ability to take responsibility for achievement of tasks.
- Highly confidential and discreet, comfortable dealing with sensitive and confidential information
What you can expect from us:
- Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
- Working hours Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours a week (Flexi time in operation)
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, rising to 26.5 after 5 years service
- Free onsite parking at our Birmingham office
- Access to a profit-related company bonus scheme
- Access to Perkbox benefits
- Life assurance scheme
- Access to the company pension scheme
To deliver fantastic customer service we need an exceptional back office team who facilitate the work of our customer facing teams. So if you join us as become part of a team that works together to ensure our customers receive the very best experience.