A great opportunity to grow your career with a full training program to gain knowledge of Machine Vision System (2D and 3D), Robot Guidance Application and Software testing and scripts development. On the course of 2-3 years, with your ambition to learn new technology you will grow your career with us as Vision System Application engineer. You will receive an opportunity to work with robot guidance application and 2D & 3D Machine Vision System for our customers i.e. Jaguar Land Rover, Aston Martin, Ford Cologne and Valencia, Scania and some others.
Working in a small company requires individuals who are able to work well either on their own or in small teams. It also requires people who are flexible and willing to take on a range of different tasks as the workload dictates.
Our customers are in the industrial sector and include well known companies. Familiarity with the requirements of electrical control and automation equipment used in a robust industrial environment would also be considered an advantage.
As we work with customers across a wide geographical area, any additional language skills and an ability to communicate well with international customers would be an advantage in all roles.
The work in the service and production departments will result in exposure to a wide range of sensors. You will need to be able to learn quickly and be comfortable assembling and accurately aligning the small parts in the sensor heads as well as working with electronics boards and computers. The work needs to be done carefully and reliably to ensure that our products continue to work well.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The following list of skills define the profile of the ideal candidate:
- Working efficiently to defined procedures
- Understanding bills of materials, data sheets, mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Use of spreadsheets and other software packages to manage parts ordering
- Circuit board assembly including fine soldering
- Connector and cable assembly and test
- Fine mechanical assembly
- Precision opto-mechanical assembly
- Testing and calibration of vision sensors
- Writing documentation and record keeping
- Develop machine vision system scripts - full training will be provided
- Installation and commissioning 2D and 3D Machine Vision System - full training will be provided
- Support R&D and software development team for 2D and 3D vision system development - basic software development training will be provided, the level of training depends on the ambition and skill of the candidate to perceive
The opportunity to work with Oxford Vision & Sensor Technology, the employees will receive
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours so we need the engineers who can manage their time well
- Annual holiday (22 annual days holiday + public holiday per year, increase one day each year up to 25 days holiday per year)
- Opportunity to work with UK and European projects.
- Training program for Machine vision hardware and configuration as well as scripts development.
- 2-3 years training program to develop his/her skill to become a Vision System application engineer.
The role is based in Coventry as below address
Oxford Vision & Sensor Technology Ltd
University Of Warwick Science Park
The Venture Centre, Sir William Lyons Rd
Coventry CV4 7EZ
About Us : www.oxfordvst.com
Oxford Vision & Sensor Technology (OVST) is an industry leader in the design and supply of machine vision systems. We develops, installs and commissions machine vision solutions for a wide range of industrial applications. Using specially developed software, innovative sensing technologies and the finest third-party hardware, we can offer you an unparalleled service.
We supply vision sensors worldwide, with our major markets in UK and Europe. We are very active internationally in automotive sector. Our main customers are Jaguar Land Rover, Aston Martin, Ford and several others automotive manufacturers.
OVST is part of Expert Automation Group (http://www.expert-amt.com). Expert develops advanced manufacturing solutions i.e. Control system, Robot, Tooling and Vision System for a number of purposes and industries. Expert is one of the UK’s largest Automation System builder as well as the UK’s largest supplier of glazing solutions to the global automotive industry.