Relationship Managers x 2
£53,000 - £66,000 + 12% Car Allowance + 20% Bonus
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
1 x Permanent Position and 1 X 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Do you have experience of managing strategic suppliers, preferably within the financial services industry? Are you looking for an opportunity to utilise your relationship building skills and knowledge of contractual and commercial arrangements?
About the role
Our mission is to improve returns for our policyholders and deliver value for shareholders. To achieve this, as part of our innovative business model, we engage with a number of key strategic partners for the provision of policy administration, investment management, fund accounting, custody and middle office services.
You will be based in the Commercial Partnerships team, who drive the Phoenix relationship management agenda with its service partners. The team aims to build successful, profitable and sustainable partnerships through a strongly collaborative approach. We are looking for two Relationship Managers, one on a permanent basis (with a focus on policy administration partners) and one on a 12-month fixed term contract (with a focus on investment management, fund accounting and custody services partners).
Reporting to a Senior Relationship Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing the relationships with a number of our strategic partners. Specifically, this will involve:
- Establishing and developing the relationships with our partners.
- Engaging with and supporting the business relationship owners and other key stakeholders across the business in their day to day engagement with our partners.
- Providing contractual and commercial support to the business as required.
- Ensuring that the Phoenix oversight model is effective.
- Reviewing and analysing partner performance across a range of SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Monitoring service improvement plans and supporting the delivery of strategic/operational initiatives and projects as required.
- Occasional UK travel will be required.
What we’re looking for
- Talented professionals who can demonstrate strategic achievements from successfully managing key suppliers or service providers.
- Working knowledge of fund accounting, investment management or customer operations.
- Strong relationship management skills with the capability and perseverance required to achieve win:win outcomes with our partners.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen with a good understanding of contracts, obligations and service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Effective supplier performance management supported with creating and producing MI.
- Good attention to detail and first rate analytical ability, backed by a forward thinking 'can do’ mentality and a proven track record in successfully managing conflict and dispute resolution issues.
- Solid negotiation, communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- A practical understanding of the regulatory and legal framework relating to the financial services sector would be highly desirable.
*** Please note: When applying you will be asked "Would you consider a 12 month FTC", please ensure you select correctly. Selecting 'Yes’ enables you to apply for both the permanent and FTC positions if you wish***
About the company
We are the UK’s largest specialist closed life and pension fund consolidator. We manage life insurance funds which no longer actively sell new life or pension policies and which run-off gradually over time. The Group’s closed life funds consist of around 6.1 million policyholders and total life company assets of approximately £76 billion.
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last 6 consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes…we could go on!), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 27th July 2017.