HR Business Partner
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To partner with key stakeholders and leaders to deliver a HR service aligned with the needs and priorities of the organisation. Translate business requirements into effective HR practice and provide support to line managers including; employee relations, recruitment & selection & performance management. To support the Head of HR with the implementation and delivery of HR initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee Relations
- Act as first point of contact for ER issues arising at any level.
- Support, develop and coach Line Managers to manage ER issues adhering to Company policy and best practice, ideally resolving issues informally where possible.
- Advise on Occupational Health issues and seek specialist advice as appropriate.
Assist managers with tailored performance management strategies.
Facilitate meaningful conversations and promote the delivery of 'Unleashing your Potential’ appraisal process
Manage organisational change processes including but not limited to TUPE, consultation, restructure, redundancy etc.
- Recruitment & Selection
- Agree need to recruit with Line Manager and obtain executive approval and identify potential resourcing solutions.
- Provide support in interviews/assessment centres etc.
- Organise and facilitate Induction.
- Projects, initiatives & Strategy
- Support Head of HR with implementation and delivery of HR projects or initiatives.
- Reward & Recognition
Support Line Managers with salary review process and manage accordingly.
- Administration, Systems & Records
- Maintain employee records both electronically and manually.
- Promote the use of HR systems, policies and processes, challenging appropriately as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes
- Operational knowledge of HR best practice
- Basic knowledge of employment law
- Membership of CIPD
- Commercially and financially astute
- CIPD qualified
- Degree Educated
- 3+ years in senior operational HR role
- Managing complex Employee Relations Issues
- Responding to queries and simple problem solving
- Experience of advising managers on a range of people matters
- Implementation and delivery of new initiatives
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Building effective working relationships
- Time management and prioritisation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills
- Influencing skills
- Decision making/problem solving in a professional capacity
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening including credit referencing, employment referencing and CRB check
- Willingness to undertake staff training and development as required
- Flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self-motivated, uses initiative