It’s an exciting time for Greene King. We’ve just reported record annual results and are continuing towards our aim of being the best managed pub company in Britain (we’re already the biggest) - best brands, best invested estate and the best people in the industry.
We have over 44,000 employees and run over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Scotland and Wales. We have over 200 years of heritage, but pride ourselves on our innovation and guest experience.
We’re IT Business Solutions at Greene King and we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join our team. Predominantly based at our Pub Company support centre in Burton on Trent you will be responsible for working with the business to define their requirements, determining the opportunity or problem to be solved as well as the system and business change elements of the solution. You’ll need to ensure business needs are met, applying your proven elicitation techniques and analysis methodologies, challenging where appropriate while delivering true bottom-line benefits.
We work across the whole business, from Digital to Supply Chain to HR, Finance and Operations, so the projects you’ll be working on are diverse and varied. We work closely with the business to understand how we can make our guest’s experience better, assisting our colleagues in the pubs to provide exceptional service and reduce the time spent on non-value added back office tasks.
In the Business Analyst role, you’ll be:
- Responsible for undertaking investigative work to determine business requirements, 'as is’ / 'to be’ processes and business change for projects and initiatives.
- Identifying and designing solutions that meet business objectives and requirements, aligned to business and IT strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective long term relationships across IT and the wider business that can be leveraged to ensure the successful delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Working with technical and project teams to ensure that the technical solution is delivered.
- Ensuring high quality supporting documentation is in place.
To be successful in the Business Analyst role, you’ll need to have:
- Broad and demonstrable experience of working successfully with teams to deliver analysis and insights that drive operational excellence, as well as an outstanding analytical ability and strategic grasp of the 'big picture’.
- Experience of performing analysis on a large quantity of smaller projects concurrently, highly complex projects and projects that have a larger breadth of impact both in terms of scale and strategic importance.
- Proven experience and knowledge of business analysis and best practice and the ability to develop team members.
- The experience to apply the right technique from your toolkit to suit the project’s needs.
- Experience and knowledge of business change, business process design and re-engineering and embedding management information to enable continuous improvement.
- Experience in assessing and evaluating processes with strong competence in technical analysis and complex problem solving.
- The ability to deliver creative and innovative solutions to solve business problems whilst minimising cost impact.
- An ability to cope with fast paced environments and multiple demands.
- Exceptional communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills, able to clearly articulate concepts and ideas, challenge effectively and manage expectations.
- Goal oriented with a 'can do’ attitude, tenacity, drive, initiative and creativity.
- An appetite and enthusiasm for being part of Greene King’s future.
In return for your commitment, you’ll get to work on varied projects in a forward thinking, multi-disciplined team, with the opportunity for continued growth and development. Our Business Analysts get to see their projects through the full project lifecycle. The ability to see the results of your work can be very fulfilling and provides the learning insight that is necessary to continuously improve and develop. You’ll have a great level of autonomy and the ability to help shape the thinking on our projects and be involved in the development of the Business Solutions function at Greene King.
Location: Burton on Trent, UK