Procurement Manager - Central Services
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our head office for an ambitious and talented Procurement Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated procurement professionals.
Extensive experience in COINS (or similar systems) is essential, as is relevant knowledge of procurement practices and processes. The right applicant will have good management and communication skills, with the ability to motivate colleagues. Experience working within the Construction industry is a must.
A customer oriented approach with experience in managing centralised procurement services and people is required, as well as an understanding of supplier terms and conditions required.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
This role would potentially be an opportunity for a Senior Buyer to make the step up to Procurement Manager.
As a Procurement Manager you will:
- Responsible for the effective centralised procurement of materials, plant and overheads
- Responsible for the Materials Desk team and the Database Team
- Ownership of the relationship between Central Procurement and Finance on all P2P processes
- Ownership of the i-Portal process (working alongside IS) to monitor, manage and feedback supplier and subcontractor performance
- Identification and development of process improvement opportunities including technology developments
- Providing guidance to the Desk Supervisor(s) and Materials Desk team on day-to-day operational activities and/or issues
- Ownership of the relationship(s) and performance management of the merchant suppliers chosen to support the Materials Desk
- Responsible for regularly reviewing the performance of our core suppliers (including merchants) and considering alternatives and/or specific trading strategies (generally and/or specific products)
- Drive enhanced value through centralised buying and compliance to Morgan Sindall Family arrangements
- Driving requisition compliance (SmartREQ process and associated information e.g. allowances)
- Manage (and escalate where necessary) any issues or risks arising from lower value procurement
- Responsible for the maintenance of a robust and secure database of suppliers and subcontractors
- Responsible for ensuring the associated PQQ process is effectively deployed within the Division
- Ensuring Morgan Sindall policies, procedures and DELAPs and adhered to at all times
- Pre-contract - input to project tenders where required (for centrally procured products and services)
- Setting of KPIs and reporting of performance across all aspects of centralised procurement
- Leadership of the centralised procurement team, including people management and development
- Ensuring that all transactional issues are managed and resolved in a timely manner, maintaining focus on individuals to ensure compliance (including commitment of orders, framework order management, invoice queries)
Already experienced as a Procurement Manager, you will be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent qualification. Ideally you will have good knowledge of P2P systems and processes and an understanding of vendor PQQ processes. Knowledge and understanding of Builders Profile (or similar) would be advantageous.
About the Team:
The central procurement team is made up of 11 buyers and 4 database administrators working across all sections of Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure business.
This includes the low value procurement of materials and plant and the efficient, effective management of the central supplier database.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People 'Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.