Quality Engineer Rail/Automotive
Quality Engineer (Rail/Automotive)
6 Month Rolling Contract
Monday to Friday - 37 hours
Quality Engineer required for an immediate start on a 6-month rolling contract, the client is exceptionally busy and has the capacity for the right person to potentially have a role that could last a long time.
The role would suit a Quality Engineer with at least 2-3 years' experience within the rail or automotive industry and who has auditing experience.
As a Quality Engineer, you will be expected to support the implementation of the quality plan in order to deliver the project right first time. You will be required to support the application and use of various quality tools i.e. quality gates and FMEAs, as well as provide feedback on the fulfilment of quality requirements against the deliverables.
You will be expected to identify quality issues early i.e. non-conformance and either eliminate or mitigate any risks in relation to the product. Alongside this you will monitor the performance of the processes and provide feedback to the various stakeholders; all the while applying your problem-solving skills to aid in the improvement of any processes.
Quality Engineer Role:
- Lead a team of 15 engineers
- Ensure quality requirements
- Team management including; meetings, reviews, training, etc,
- Manage external/internal suppliers
- Documentation management
- Health and safety management
- Lead continuous improvement
- Monitor equipment and machinery
Quality Engineer Requirements:
- 2-3 years' experience in a relevant position
- Experience with APQP
- Experience in Auditing
- Experience with Change Management
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, CMMI
- Knowledge of Alternative Lifecycle test and stress testing
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in an engineering environment
- Experience in a rail or automotive environment