Junior Buyer/ Buyer
Automotive manufacturing leader is recruiting a Junior Buyer/Buyer who has procurement experience within the automotive or manufacturing sectors.
The Junior Buyer / Buyer will be responsible for supporting Senior Buyers with the development and implementation of their commodity/supply chain strategy throughout the business. This role will provide assistance with the complete range of strategic and new product introduction sourcing activities, including purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
Specific duties of the Junior Buyer/ Buyer include:
* Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
* Support other relevant departments as required
* Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and investigate opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and purchasing best practice tools and methods
* Facilitate between suppliers and other UPA departments on new projects and activities
* Provide supplier spend analysis and costs for new and existing activities
Junior Buyer/Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Experience within the automotive or manufacturing sectors
* Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
* Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
* Analytical and numerically astute
* A basic engineering understanding of technical drawings
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.