Security & Problem Engineer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Security & Problem Engineer to join their team based in Hereford. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of £35,000 – £45,000 per annum.
Our client are now recruiting for a Security & Problem Engineer to join the IT Operations Team, based in their Hereford Head Office. In this role, you’ll play a pivotal part of the day to Security of the IT Department, and therefore in the operational security of the company as a whole. You’ll work across the organisation to ensure all new products, older systems, and any changes in technology are fully configured and secure in line with PCIDSS and ISO27001 standards, amongst others.
What you will be doing as their Security & Problem Engineer
- Monitoring system events via Monitoring, Event Logging and other SIEM tools and raising appropriate alerts/alarms with the IT Security & Problem Manager, to accord with ISO 27001/2, CE+ and CESG guidelines
- Assisting the IT Security & Problem Manager to prepare the IT Department for external and internal audits
- Supporting the IT Security & Problem Manager with remediating against audit findings, non-conformities and carrying Corrective Actions where appropriate
- Providing a first point of contact for operational Compliance and Security issues
What are they looking for in their Security & Problem Engineer
- A broad technical background including proven expertise in Server and Network technologies
- Exposure to SIEM tools such as AlienVault, LogRhythm, SolarWinds, and TripWire
- Knowledge of Event Logging tools such as Splunk, Nagios and ElasticStack
- Experience of MalWare detection, Vulnerability scanning and Pen testing
- Experience of Security Incident Management
Knowledge and experience of working within security standards PCI and or ISO27001 would be advantageous
Benefits of working for them
In return, our client offers a competitive salary, a range of additional benefits, including 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays every year. Roles in their Hereford Head Office, where this is based, benefit from two on-site subsidised restaurants and free parking, as well as access to their subsidised gym with personal trainer.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Security & Problem Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!
All roles with our client are subject to a successful DBS (formerly CRB) and Credit Check.