SALES MANAGER HOME ELECTRONICS & SECURITY - RETAIL CHANNEL
SALES MANAGER HOME ELECTRONICS & SECURITY - RETAIL & ELECTRICAL TRADE CHANNELS
C£50-55000 + Car Allowance + up to 30% bonus
Location: National Field Based Remit. Midlands HO
West Midlands, Warwickshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire, Birmingham, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Cheshire, Herefordshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Nottingham, Berkshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Manchester, Yorkshire
Our client, part of a global plc, is an awarding winning market leader in the Do It Yourself/Self Installed Intruder Alarms, Intercom, Safety and Security Accessories sector. Their systems are uniquely placed in the market due to their integration using the latest Wi-Fi, RFID tags and Smartphone App connectivity providing users with the ability to secure, control and monitor their homes and premises remotely, from anywhere in the world.
As a result of acquisition and growth our client is now seeking a Sales Manager with experience of growing sales, revenue and market share of home electronics to the retail/etail channel and electrical trade channels e.g. Argos, Maplin, HomeBase, ScrewFix, ToolStation, QVC, Amazon, B & Q, Edmundson Electrical, Newey & Eyre, Rexel Senate etc
This is a national role and therefore you will be field based however you must be located close to major motorway and rail networks as you will be required to attend weekly meetings at head office in the midlands or manufacturing in Surrey/Hampshire area.
Reporting to Director level you will be responsible for focusing on the consumer channels within major Retail and Electrical Trade accounts, managing the relationships and identifying new business opportunities to increase Sales across retail and electrical trade accounts. As Sales Manager, you broaden the company’s entry points into retail and etail sales channels and increase the company’s brand profile, position and market share within the defined Retail accounts. The ultimate goal for the Sales Manager is to significantly grow market-share of our client’s home electronics and security products, increasing both volume and value.
Key responsibilities for the Sales Manager Home Electronics & Security products are:
• Deliver against set parameters and targets that have been laid out as part of the home electronics and security products strategy.
• Create, develop and implement individual major account plans.
• Meet and exceed the agreed business plan targets, with the ultimate goal of significantly improving market share within major Retail and Electrical Trade accounts, of home electronics, safety and security products.
• Maintain and grow relationships within all of the defined accounts, Develop and maintain regular and effective relationships at all levels within the customer’s decision-making organization. (including Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing)
• Actively participate in the formulation and implementation of business strategy related the home electronics and safety and security products group.
• Manage profitability and regularly analyse key performance and productivity metrics to understand key retail account, identify opportunities and address retail account business challenges.
• Steward and influence key business activities that influence sales such as advertising, promotion and inventory working with the group supply chain function.
• Oversee the execution of in-store activities.
• To maintain a high standard of product knowledge and sales presentations.
• Ensure customer pricing meets company guidelines and targets
• Collect and process competitor data to grow the account effectively.
• Advise, guide, support and maximise sales opportunities and commercial initiatives for the home electronics, safety and security category by liaising and supporting cross functional colleagues and teams across trade and other channels to market.
Required Skills & Experience:
This role would suit someone who has experience working in a B2C Sales / Account Management role at a Consumer/Home Electronics / OEM, who has B2C sales experience, ideally of home electronics, safety and security products. It is a prerequisite that the successful candidate for the role of Sales Manager will have however demonstrable experience of managing major Retail accounts, such as; Argos, Amazon, QVC, Maplin, Screwfix, ToolStation, HomeBase, B & Q etc. Experience of managing Electrical trade accounts such as Edmundson Electrical, Newey & Eyre, CEF, Rexel Senate etc would be highly advantageous.
• Good standard of education - A level, HND, Degree.
• Previous proven knowledge and experience of selling to the home electronics industry via retail, etail and electrical trade channels.
• Exposure to marketing oriented strategic selling.
• In-depth experience of negotiations at senior management/key decisionmaker level with major retail channel accounts.
• Proven experience of focusing on and achieving financial targets in terms of cost, profit, markets and added value.
• Proven track record of delivering creative timely solutions to overcome obstacles and enhance profitability.
• High standard of commercial exposure, product knowledge and sales presentation.
• Financial awareness and understanding
• Analytic problem solver able to analyse challenging situations and bring about timely effective solutions
• Strong decision maker. Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Commitment to internal and external customer satisfaction
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with a proactive approach
• Attention to detail.
Key words: Sales Manager, National Account Manager, Commercial Manager, Category Manager, Home Electronics, Consumer Electronics, B2C, Retail Channel, Safety, Security, Intruder Alarms, DIY, eCommerce, Etail, Retail, Trade Counters, Argos, Amazon, Maplin, HomeBase, Screwfix, Toolstation, B & Q, Edmundson Electrical, Newey & Eyre, CEF, Rexel Senate