We are currently recruiting for a Tool Technician for our prestigious client, Rolls Royce, based in Trentham.
The role of a Tool Technician will involve being responsible for the maintenance of Injection Mould Tooling and Fixture Assemblies.
The duties of a Tool Maker include:
- Inspecting injection tooling to defined specification
- Assisting in the development and operation of maintenance cost recovery.
- Supporting the introduction of new parts and their development
- Being fully conversant with all inspection procedures and associated aspects
- Producing detailed Inspection Reports on all new and existing parts
- Supporting 5s, business control and audit requirements
To succeed as a Tool Technician you will:
- Be apprentice trained or have the equivalent experience
- Have the ability to read Engineering drawings
- Be competent in the use of hand gauges, inspection equipment and computerised measurement equipment
- Experience in operating Lathe, Bridgeport Milling Machine and Surface Grinder would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a lean manufacturing / production facility
THE GOOD STUFF
- 33 day holiday a year
- Free on-street parking
- Good working environment
- On site canteen plus a hot food/butty van just down the road
- 11% pay increase when moving onto shifts
- Being able to say that you work for Rolls Royce!
THE NITTY GRITTY
- You will provide your own safety shoes
- Initially starting on a 6-2 shift, then moving onto rotating 6-2 and 2-10 once proficient.
- Rolls Royce insist on full background checks prior to starting which includes criminal record checks, employment and financial history. These checks would be carried out during the induction process. Spent convictions – these would be considered by Rolls Royce and dependent upon the conviction a decision would be made.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity then apply now or call Lisa on for more information.