Slitting line operator
Slitting line operator required for family run manufacturing business based in Cradley Heath. Hours of work 7.00 - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.00 - 2pm on Friday.
Main duties of the role are to set and operate narrow and wide coil slitting lines to produce the required slit product standard. Applicants must have experience in a similar role within the steel and metals industry.
Other responsibilities include:
· Setting and preparing machines following job card information.
· Assess edge standard and width achieved using supplied measuring equipment. Reset the machine if required.
· Slit the coil and cut accurately to Customer coil length requirement.
· Remove slit coils to prepare for coil strapping.
· Update job card and Shop Floor Data Capture system.
· Actively communicate with Supervisor / Management relaying any machine and product issues.
Ability to drive FLT and overhead crane would be an advantage but not essential. All applicants would expect to have good understanding of health and safety, Quality and Environmental awareness and an understanding of general site operations and flow.