Assistant Space Planner (Merchandiser)
A vacancy has arisen within the merchandise team at Holland & Barrett. The team is accountable for all retail merchandise plans across over 750 Uk stores, plus stores in Ireland and new territories such as Sweden. The team is focussed on balancing optimal range efficiency with easy-to-shop plans relevant to the brand and the geographic area whilst pushing new ideas for merchandising and signage. The role plays a pivotal part in supporting the 3 x Merchandising Managers to achieve their goals and categories wider business plans. The Merchandise team report into the Head of Customer Insight & Merchandising within the wider Marketing & Trading team.
The Assistant Space Planner’s role is to ensure all planograms across the Holland & Barrett retail estate remain up to date and relevant for H&B’s customers whilst achieving the businesses commercial plans
- Ensuring the companies micro planogram schedule is adhered to by working closely with Customer Insight and the Category Teams
- Deliver Macro space executions in accordance with customer insight working across categories
- Assisting the planogram process from outlay to store implementation for new and existing stores, annual trends and seasonal performance shifts
- Responsibility for maintaining an accurate portfolio of all company floor plans and the on-going review and maintenance of floor plans.
- Assist the Merchandising Managers in updating all planograms, analysing areas of opportunity and presenting them to the Merchandise team
- Assisting with merchandising projects within category
- Challenge current ways of working through analysis and process change in conjunction with the Customer Insight team
- 1 year of merchandising experience in retail
- Excellent Microsoft Office, Access and administration skills
- Working knowledge of space planning software ideally Spaceman for planogram production and Smartspace for floor plan production
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Analytical, numerate and accurate with good attention to detail
- Well organised and able to prioritise own work
- Confident, open minded and happy to challenge the norm as well as present to peers
- Sql knowledge preferable but not essential
We offer a competitive salary with fantastic development opportunities, 25% store discount, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and an onsite canteen.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…