Ecommerce Assistant - Marketplaces
Our client is a leading multi-channel retailer based in Birmingham with a sustained and energetic programme of growth. Our culture is entrepreneurial and fast paced, our vision is simply to be best pure play online retailer of the goods we sell.
As the business grows, so too does the demand to ensure we provide the very best online customer experience. An exciting opportunity has arisen as we continue to expand and develop, for an E-commerce Assistant.
The e-commerce assistant's primary responsibility will be to support the Product Manager with the company's online growth plans, publishing products on marketplaces including Amazon, eBay and Mano Mano in the best way possible to convert visitors into sales.
As an e-commerce assistant you will be confident, engaging and committed in supporting the team and the Product Manager. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining sales across marketplaces and the role will include:
- Ensuring that all new products are uploaded and listed on marketplaces
- Optimising listings with accurate product information, images, pricing and placement to increase sales and maximise revenue
- Contribute to new product development on marketplaces by managing pay per click advertising on eBay and Amazon
- Optimise existing listings of current products to ensure we are exploiting sales opportunities
- To analyse product pricing vs our competitors on an ongoing basis and make pricing adjustments
- Provide regular reports on profitability and assist in running daily/weekly/monthly marketplaces reports as required for the Directors
- Pro-actively research new products and monitor competitors
- Monitor online sales performance to ensure the marketplaces accounts have a good standing
This is a wonderful opportunity for a bright, ambitious individual to gain experience in many disciplines across e-commerce, within a small team and in a growing company.
The Successful Applicant
- Have a very good understanding of eBay and Amazon market places and good experience in selling on these channels
- At least one year's experience in e-commerce as well as a keen interest in online retail sales
- You will have a good understanding of figures and data with a commercial drive and a sales focus
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Be self-motivated and able to work to deadlines
- To be able to work well as part of team and maintain a positive attitude