Teenage Parent Support Worker
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Teenage Parent Support Worker to join a multi service charity based in Coventry. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £20,000 per annum and a contributory pension scheme.
What We Do:
The charity has a fully trained staff team providing:
- Supported Accommodation and Floating Support to victims of domestic violence and abuse and teenage parents
- Children’s services including a Nursery providing full day care for pre-school children.
- Youth & Community service
- Counselling and Support service
The Support Worker will be part of a team providing a service to high support needs teenage parents residing in Valley House accommodation. They will deliver a full package of support with responsibility for ensuring the teenage parent families are safe and supported and that they are enabled to move on into their own independent accommodation.
Duties will include:
- Taking referrals from the Local Authority.
- Undertaking a comprehensive needs and risk assessment with individuals referred to the service.
- Developing a support plan in partnership and agreement with the service user to ensure identified needs are addressed, liaising with other relevant professionals as appropriate.
The successful Teenage Parent Support Worker will have:
- Level 3 or above qualification in social care work / relevant field or at least 3 / 4 years direct social care work/relevant field experience.
- Able to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends
- A current and valid driving licence and use of a vehicle.
This post requires a satisfactory DBS check.
The hours of work are 40 hours per week over 7 days to be worked flexibly on a rota.
The closing date is noon on Friday, 11th August 2017 and interviews are to be held on Tuesday, 22nd August 2017.
Please apply online to be considered for the Teenage Parent Support Worker role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75143152