Head Chef - Independent Pub - Full autonomy
HEAD CHEF REQUIRED - INDEPENDENT PUB VENUE - HIGH QUALITY FRESH FOOD - FULL AUTONOMY ON MENU - BUSY DESTINATION VENUE - NEAR WARWICK - UP TO £40,000 SALARY
We are working with this independent fresh food pub to secure them the services of a Head Chef to help maintain and develop the fantastic food reputation of this site.
The venue, based in a small village on the outskirts of Warwick, has developed a fantastic reputation for providing good quality, British seasonal dishes and at peak times the food turnover can get to £30,000 in a week, with the site turnover varying from £15,000 to £60,000 depending on the weather.
As Head Chef, you will take full control of the kitchen, working as part of the on-site management team and will be responsible for leading and developing your brigade, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the menu, to reflect seasonality and ensuring that dishes reflect the style of the venue
- Work with existing suppliers and where appropriate, develop agreements with new suppliers
- Recruit, train and develop team members as and when required
- Cost menus, ensuring accurate calculations and GP margins
- Ensure that service runs smoothly and efficiently
This opportunity offers the Head Chef a high degree of autonomy, therefore previous Head Chef experience would be preferred, however, we are looking for some who;
- Is able to write and cost menus accurately
- Can be creative with dishes, however, is able to manage high volumes during peak periods
- Can manage a brigade of circa 6 chefs, able to train and develop their skills to ensure consistent presentation
- Can liaise with owners and managers in a professional manner
In return for your service there is a competitive salary up to £40,000 as well as additional benefits.
There is also accommodation available on site for someone looking to relocate to the area.
We value all applications, however, due to volume numbers we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience closely match the requirements of our clients.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility. In line with the requirements of the Employment Agencies Act 1973 we are prohibited from charging work-seekers for work finding services.