Junior CAD Technician
Location: Birmingham City Centre (Temporarily Sutton Coldfield)
Kier Strategic Highways are looking to recruit a Junior CAD Technician who will report to the Technical Director. The successful post holder will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of technical solutions to engineering problems as a member of a Structures team and as directed.
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, preparing reports, identification of repair options, preparing specifications and drawings for repair schemes, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Under supervision prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures and systems.
- Prepare drawings, documents and use specialist software such as AUTOCAD.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team.
- Be flexible and proactive and liaise with other teams from other engineering disciplines.
- Take ownership of own career development using the Kier Highways appraisal procedures and undertake additional learning.
- Develop knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental in the workplace, ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety and Environmental responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Award of or training towards HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- Experience of relevant design software and standards and proficient in the production of engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
- An interest and experience in the field of structures or structural maintenance.
- Other related vocational experience desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- IT Literate.
- A team worker with good organisational, interpersonal and numerate skills.
- Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary.
- A current UK FULL driving license is essential for the role as site visits will be required.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.