Software Solutions Consultant
Software Solutions Consultant
Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Overview of the Role
The Solutions Consultant will work closely with customers to design and sell innovative software asset management and procurement propositions. They will manage our unique
approach for end-to-end solutions, including; quantifying customer needs; evaluating and presenting the optimum solution from our core propositions or creating a bespoke requirement; commercial discussions; creating proposals and statements of work; and where required, conducting solution delivery.
The role holder will be a recognised authority both internally and externally. They will be able to integrate theory and practice in order to deliver sound commercial solutions.
The main responsibilities are detailed below, although the role holder would also be expected to perform any other duties which might reasonably be required by the business.
Customer Relationships & Project Delivery
- Assume overall leadership of assigned sales opportunities for software asset management and procurement solutions, ensuring the owners of activities, throughout the sales cycle or through delivery have clear direction
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the internal delivery team or external partners are able to deliver projects within budget, within timescales and to an exceptionally high standard
- Work with other Solutions Managers within our technology stream and cross-stream, Delivery Consultants, Project Management Office and Partners to identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities Develop a strong and effective relationship with customers, becoming established as a trusted advisor in order to develop and sell appropriate solution projects
- Provide leading edge, commercially focused ideas and add demonstrable business value to customer projects
- Develop project plans working in conjunction with the Project Management team, focusing on the successful execution of core project deliverables and setting realistic customer expectations Conducting accurate cost analysis of project delivery, including appropriate levels of Project
- Management and Service Management cost
- Provide Trustmarque stakeholder governance and assurance throughout the lifecycle of the deal Conduct effective presentations regarding all aspects of the Asset Management and Procurement
- Services teams propositions and services; delivering presentations to all levels -internally, to customers and at public forums
- Operates at CxO level to facilitate and lead business discussions, opening opportunities for Trustmarque.
Developing Business & Solutions Opportunities
- Drive innovation through utilising up-to-date knowledge of leading edge technologies, theories and techniques to identify and market test new propositions
- Work with the Practice Lead in the development and management of the business propositions of your specialist area
- Champion your business sector within Trustmarque, training and coaching sales staff to raise awareness and understanding, in order to increase the identification of relevant opportunities
- Cross-train and mentor others within the Professional Services team to facilitate cross-selling
- Produce externally publishable white papers and articles, demonstrating thought leadership and enhancing the reputation and profile of Trustmarque
- Be an active role model for knowledge sharing within the team and the wider Services team, improving Trustmarque's market position as a thought leader
- Provide suggestions and improvements to processes and propositions within Trustmarque, and assist in implementation where required
- Possesses up-to-date competitor knowledge, including an understanding of strengths and weaknesses
- Provide strategies, ideas, and collateral for sales
- Represent the whole of Trustmarque within a customer sales presentation, conveying the benefits of working with Trustmarque
- Lead the production of bids and proposals for complex customer solutions, working across Trustmarque teams
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a discretionary annual bonus, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.