Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced mechanical vehicle technician for a start date in July/August. This role is offered on a contract basis until 31st March 2018 with long term, ongoing opportunities for the right candidate.
You will be working in a workshop environment, within a large manufacturing facility undertaking reworks and rectification of heavy off-road vehicles used for customer experience events and PDI’s on company fleet vehicles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-delivery inspections on company fleet vehicles
- Fitment of accessories, side steps etc
- Carrying out whole vehicle mechanical maintenance and rectification
- Carrying out electrical fault diagnostics and rectification
- Repair or replacement of major and minor units
- Carrying out vehicle fault diagnostics
- Repairing and replacement of interior trim
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1 & 2 (and ideally level 3) in motor vehicle repair (light or heavy)
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required
- Over the age of 25 for insurance purposes
- FULL UK DRIVING LICENSE REQUIRED (6 points maximum)
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 7.15am-3.45pm, Friday 6.45am-11.45am
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment’s contribution to the payroll administrator’s fee