Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
This UK manufacturing organisation now requires an experienced Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to drive forward the implementation and sustainability of environmental, health and safety activities within the business.
As the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- co-ordinating health and safety activities within the business premises
- deploying global health and safety policies and developing strategies to reduce risk
- co-ordinating the site risk assessment programme and assisting in outlining safe operational procedures
- producing accurate management reports, newsletters and bulletins to promote health and safety activities
- liaising with specialist bodies such as the HSE, Environment Agency and Water Authorities
- identifying any training needs to improve the health and safety culture within the business
- responding to general health and safety enquiries and collating on site accident statistics
- keeping up to date with environmental and health and safety legislation and sharing with the business
- planning for changes in legislative requirements to ensure continued compliance
- providing advice on the implementation of new layouts/plant and equipment
- maintaining required levels of documentation and records alongside a scheduled inspection programme focused on statutory compliance
- developing environmental management systems towards ISO 14001:2015
- collating information required for corporate environmental reporting within the global group
- identify and implement energy saving projects
Preferably with at least 5 years relevant experience in the same or similar role, candidates will ideally hold an NEBOSH Certificate, be a qualified ISO 14001 Auditor and have additional qualifications in environmental science. Chartered Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) and experience as an ISO 18001 auditor would also be desirable.
Candidates should have previous experience of dealing with environmental, health and safety matters in a fast moving dynamic environment and be comfortable conducting risk assessments across all areas of a varied business. Previous experience within a component based manufacturing or engineering environment would be beneficial.
With excellent project management skills, close attention to detail and strong IT skills, for this customer focused role, you should be an organised and confident individual, who is pro-active and demonstrates initiative and a positive, “can-do” attitude.
The presence to communicate and influence at the highest level will be key in this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75142900