Fixed Term Progression Coach - Coventry
JOB TITLE: FIXED TERM (UNTIL DEC 2017) PROGRESSION COACH (SUPPORT WORKER)
REPORTS TO: LOCALITY MANAGER â€" FAIR CHANCE
HOURS: (FULL TIME) 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
SALARY: SCALE 5, POINT 22-25, £19,370 - £21,244 PER ANNUM, PRO RATA
BASED FROM: COVENTRY
Rewriting Futures is an innovative payment-by-results project delivered for three years as part of the Department of Community and Local Governments (DCLG) Fair Chance Fund. This service which started in January 2015, provides sustained support to people aged 18-24 who are Not in Employment, Education and Training (NEET) and homeless, helping them to turn their lives around and look forward to a brighter future. Rewriting Futures aims to achieve positive outcomes across a range of criteria, such as sustained accommodation, achievements in education and training, and transitioning into employment.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Providing support to young people at risk of homelessness to enable them to develop their skills, confidence and opportunities and make a successful transition to adulthood.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- An NVQ 3 Advice & Guidance, Care or equivalent or working towards Youth Work, Social Work, or equivalent
- Experience of working with young people in the following settings/ Types of work: Youth Work, Residential or Social Work, Probation, Community Work, Education and Training, Housing.
- Flexibility in approach to work
- Flexibility in weekend and evening work
- Housing Rights, Welfare Reform Knowledge
- Knowledge of Children'S Act i.e. Section 17, 20 and 47
Please note: CVs and Handwritten Application Forms are not accepted
Dates for interviews: Monday 7th August 2017
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.