Audit and Assurance - Resource Planner, Birmingham or Nottingham
Scheduling is a business critical function at Deloitte. It ensures that organisations have the right people, with the right skills, in the right locations, available at the right time.
As a Resource Planner you'll support the Resource Manager, business unit leadership, key stakeholders and practitioners and play an important role in the implementation and delivery of resource management services to provide operational excellence whilst supporting delivery of the business talent strategy.
You will achieve this by working closely with the business units and internal departments to ensure the effective deployment, utilisation and development of on and offshore resources. The role is people focussed and founded on establishing effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
The role of the Resource Planner is to work closely with business unit leadership to manage the resourcing and utilisation of practitioners, partnering directly with our engagement teams across the business unit to the benefit of our clients, whilst supporting the delivery of our talent strategy.
- Ensure that clients are provided with the best teams of people, combining industry experience with technical knowledge to ensure maximum commercial advantage
- Negotiate with senior stakeholders to deliver resourcing and strategic requirements
- Be a trusted advisor who provides balanced and pragmatic advice around manpower planning and resource management
- Ensure that staff are appropriately matched to jobs which are challenging and developmental
- Balance the needs of the individual with those of the business
- Deliver optimal utilisation and revenues for the business unit ensuring consideration of commercial aspects of deployment decisions and providing appropriate challenge where necessary
- Liaise, influence and challenge effectively to build relationships at all levels and with multiple stakeholders
- Identify and negotiate the release of suitable resources to cope with the needs of engagement teams, when new work has been won and/or when project timings change
- Proactively prepare for and lead resource management meetings, anticipated to be either weekly or fortnightly to ensure we maximise the output from such meetings so that critical staffing decisions can be made quickly
- Provide up-to-date management information, analysis and advice on availability, engagement needs, forecast utilisation, forecast revenue, forecast accuracy, headcount and pipeline to management on a weekly basis
- Coaching, mentoring and on-boarding of junior scheduling team members as appropriate
- A requirement to travel within the region (and occasionally within the wider UK) to establish Business Unit networks and build key relationships.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
You will be based in a Deloitte office which can be Birmingham or Nottingham. The role requires travel within the region (and occasionally within the wider UK) to establish Business Unit networks and build key relationships.
- Highly confident, skilled verbal and written communicator
- Ability to interact effectively with empathy, impact and discretion, cultivating trusted advisor working relationships with Business Unit leadership, key stakeholders, practitioners, team members and the wider resource management function
- Commercial mind set
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment
- Ability to plan and prioritise, multi task and manage a significant workload under pressure
- Team player who takes initiative and ownership
- Strong relationship management experience; ability to interact, influence and negotiate with people at all levels
- Able to portray a professional, customer orientated image of resource management/scheduling
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and willing to go the extra mile
- Strong organisation and time management skills with excellent administration skills
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 137703