English Teacher Solihull
SMART Education are working with a vibrant and creative academy in Solihull and are recruiting a teacher of English to teach groups of students from all abilities across years 7 - 11, with a particular emphasis on KS3/4 English.
You will be joining a very supportive department, looking to drive the students forward. A fantastic opportunity working with a great team and students.
Your role is ...
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets.
- To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity.
- To deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the school behaviour policy.
- To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep work areas tidy and organised to promote safety in the laboratory.
- To attend scheduled meetings in the Science Department and school.
- To work with colleagues in the Science Department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students and to the aims and objectives of SVCS.
- To ensure that all work in the Science Department reflects the distinctive ethos of SVCS.
- To help develop Science resources for the school VLE.
Start: September 2017
Hours: Full Time
Please call Fiona at SMART Education today for more information!K