Production Supervisor / Section Manager
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Stafford with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent opportunity for a Production Supervisor / Section Manager to join their team, offering a salary of up to £40,000 (dependant on experience) plus excellent benefits.
The Production Supervisor / Section Manager is responsible for leading production employees to execute the machining, assembly, test, paint and engine finish processes within the manufacturing facility, to deliver a world-class product. This role utilises our client’s Production System (Lean Manufacturing) principles to deliver People, Quality, Velocity and Cost (PQVC) improvements and results.
Key Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor / Section Manager
Our client is looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for leading others within a Manufacturing Operations environment to deliver world-class products. Individuals will be developed towards leading and managing a section of the production process, and all production employees working on this process, to achieve the targeted results for the section.
Key job duties will include:
- Monitoring & improving safety across all production processes
- Meeting schedules and production requirements
- Determining priorities and utilising the workforce to deliver results on a daily basis
- Producing products to meet quality standards while maintaining cost
- Implement corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, Production System, 6 Sigma and Internal Certification
- Evaluating, assessing, and identify training needs of the workforce
- Supervisory responsibilities, including: employee briefings, managing time and attendance, employee engagement and implementation of company policies
- Ensuring the effective utilisation of workforce
Qualifications and Experience required for the Production Supervisor / Section Manager
The ideal applicant will be motivated, hard-working, confident and will embrace change. In return for your dedication and hard work, you will be provided with excellent career opportunities and strong support for your personal and career development.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Managing / leading teams of 30+ personnel
- Previous experience of being responsible for and managing area metrics
- Experience of working in a Manufacturing Environment
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.