My client has been providing I.T. solutions for over 20 years and looking to recruit a Helpdesk Support to join their Technical Department.
The primary job of the Helpdesk Support team is to respond to customers’ requests for support, gather client information and determine the issue by analysing the symptoms and figuring out the underlying problem.
- Answer incoming support calls, providing a friendly and helpful first point of contact
- Dealing with customers on the telephone and remotely to determine issues quickly and clearly
- Managing personal helpdesk ticket queue ensuring ticket data is clear, concise and up to date
- Providing excellent customer service
- Assessing issues quickly, taking appropriate action and escalating when required
- Monitoring client backup problems / Resolving client backup solution issues
- Communicating closely with Account Managers on client issues
- Monitoring proactive systems for offline servers and critical issues
- Meeting SLAs and Helpdesk targets for quality and performance
- Other technical related duties
- Windows Desktop Support
- Microsoft Exchange Server and SQL Server Support
- Virtualisation concepts and support including ability to troubleshoot ESXi and vSphere systems
- Ability to deploy Cisco Networking devices and troubleshooting
- Commercial acumen to spot sales opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to self-learn and progress
- Experience of Remote Desktop and Citrix
- Ability to trouble shoot Client VPN and Site to Site VPN
- Active directory - change passwords, update settings, create and delete users
- Exchange Server - create new users, update email addresses, change forwarding, check mailbox sizes
Within the Technical department individuals are required to work to their own deadlines and goals. Keeping calm under pressure, independent thinking, pragmatism and an excellent telephone manner are essential. You should be able to work autonomously without the need for direct supervision. Working outside standard offices hours may be required to be able to meet the demands of the role.