The ExtraCare Charitable Trust is currently looking for experienced Care Assistants to deliver care and support to residents in our Bushfield Court Housing Scheme in Bilston. The successful Care Assistant will be contracted to 16hours per week and depending on your QCF / NVQ Qualification, we will reward you with £8.01 to £8.54 per hour.
Established in 1988, ExtraCare is a registered charity who support over 4,400 residents within 14 retirement villages and 17 smaller housing schemes. Supported by 3,000 volunteers and local people our mission is to give older people an independent, safe and secure future in a network of inspirational communities. Our 60 Charity Shops help fund care and well-being services for older people living in its villages and schemes.
Our Care Assistants help deliver care and support to our residents in a manner that provides them with opportunities to use their abilities and enhance their quality of life that maintains their independence and privacy.
As a Care Assistant you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Promote the physical, emotional and well being of our residents in all aspects of personal care for example dressing, washing, bathing, and mobility assistance where necessary.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules as agreed with the resident in receipt of care or private customers.
- Administer medication.
- Completing and working to care plans and completing daily paperwork.
- Moving and handling residents.
- Be involved in providing a personalised housing related support service to older people with an assessed need which will help them to remain as independent as possible.
- Escorting residents, where it is identified in their Care Plan, to and from appointments in the Village, e.g. wellbeing, activities and entertainment, or to the entrance of the Village for external appointments
- Complete all statutory and mandatory training required to carry out this post, as defined by ExtraCare.
- To be conversant and compliant with all ExtraCare’s Policies and Procedures.
- Plus any other duties required.
To become one of our Care Assistants, it is essential you have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role (Care Assistant, Care Worker or Support Worker)
- Qualified at NVQ Level 2 or QCF Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (desirable).
- Hardworking, friendly, a good team player and flexible
All roles require satisfactory DBS disclosures and references.
If you have an enthusiastic and can do attitude and want to make a difference to people lives then please apply for the role of Care Assistant today.
We look forward to reviewing your application.