Regulatory & Statutory Reporting Accountant
Alexander Daniels are currently partnering with a leading financial services organisation who are keen to recruit a Regulatory & Statutory Reporting Accountant. They are looking for an exceptional individual who is looking to join a growing organisation and will offer a defined career path.
- Application of commercial and financial knowledge to influence operational outcomes and deliver results to the Finance managers and relevant business functions.
- Challenge the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported.
- Management of resource to ensure all departmental deliverables are defined and delivered accurately and of requisite quality in line with customer timetables.
- Responsible for driving and embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge.
- Understand and manage the Risk and Control framework that Admin Re operates, applying finance knowledge to ensure departmental risks are evaluated, measured, and mitigated.
- Develop, lead and influence effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert and key business stakeholder.
- Define and operationally improve the financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecasting tool and group submission tool). Challenge, develop and implement improvements in efficiency and quality.
- Proactively drive continuous end to end improvement of the Admin Re model in the department to ensure both financial accuracy and correct customer outcome.
- Define and deliver operational MI to executive stakeholders, that drives and influences business action and cross functional understanding as well as process improvement.
- Application of subject matter expertise within Finance, through appropriate engagement with stakeholders to drive long term improvement to operational models.
- Articulate financial concepts, results and impacts to non-financial individuals across all levels of the organisation and to external stakeholders.
- Management of direct and indirect staff in delivering BAU service and management of staff performance.
- Improve team effectiveness through gap analysis, coordinating delivery of objectives, challenging as appropriate and inspiring the team to deliver continuous improvement.
- Deputise for management for operational tasks.
Must be ACA, ACMA or ACCA qualified
- Communicates effectively, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and engaging others appropriately in the wider function and business.
- Demonstrates appropriate prioritisation skills
- Ability to apply specialist knowledge to improve processes.
- Strong operational financial management skills
- Strong leadership skills within staff management, task management and process improvement.
- At least 10 years' experience in a finance environment (or relevant qualification)
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
- Experience in implementation of new financial systems and/or processes
- Experience of system interrogation
- Experience in staff management
- Understands the commercial environment
- Knowledge of operation of General Ledger and policy transaction systems including journal preparation and posting
- Knowledge of Life and Pensions financial and regulatory environment (not essential)