Every Year our teams deliver up to 150 million items through our network. Having the largest individual share of the national market and employing over 9,000 people in the UK there is no better time to join The People Network.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Commercial Analyst to join our Procurement team.
This role is recognised as a key enabler to identifying and unlocking greater benefit across multiple spend areas. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will support the team in driving more efficient and effective activity, enabling the team to focus efforts in the right areas to reduce cost quicker and identify opportunities to reduce risk or drive supplier consolidation.
- Build and manage monthly / annual category spend reports which will allow the department to monitor costs against each spend area, identifying trends, risks and opportunities to reduce cost and number of suppliers
- Run Category spend reports across multiple spend categories to support team members in identifying key trends highlight areas of supplier consolidation and areas of opportunity to reduce spend and risk
- Track data to identify and drive efficiency initiatives in the for procure to pay process
- Identify and drive continuous improvement in procurement practices through review redesign and implementation of new processes, procedures, templates and tools
- Source and present supply market information
- Drive improved cash flow through identification and management of and improvement opportunities through payment terms extensions opportunity through data mining from systems such as SAP, Merridale, M5 (Engineering), PUDCM, ROCS, COGNOS
- Data cleansing and reconciliations
- Managing supplier MI and KPI data to support supplier performance / contract management meetings
This is a great opportunity to work within a dynamic department who have a change agenda and are working to transform the procurement of goods and services within TNT to deliver best value, innovative ideas and lowest total cost solutions.
- Techniques to track expenditure profiles and trend analysis.
- Proven track record of monitoring trend analysis and the implementation of effective cost modelling tools
- Highly numerate with exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft office - Word, Excel (Advanced), and PowerPoint.
- Capable of developing complex databases and spreadsheets linked directly to the information contained within SAP BW.
- Excellent presentation skills and confident when presenting at all levels.