Technical Support Operative - Level 1
Job title and location:
Technical Support Operative Level 1 – Telford
WHO? Would you be working for?
Working for a well-known organisation providing 24/7/365 1st line support and technical assistance to clients in professional and timely manner.
WHAT? Are they looking for?
- 5 GCSEs as a minimum including English & Mathematics at Grade C or equivalent
- Experience dealing and working with customers.
- Experience of Windows operating systems
- 6 months experience on service desk or in similar customer facing role.
- Telephone and written communication skills at a high standard
- Ability to work effectively under pressure from customers and suppliers
- Able to use MS office packages effectively
- Able to take in and retain information quickly and accurately
- Highly organised – works well to deadlines
- Tailors information to the audience – i.e. translates technical information to a non-technical audience
- Assertive, but able to remain cool, calm and professional under pressure.
- Passionate about delivering customer service excellence
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Own transport
HOW? Will you be working?
- Telephone support for customers, including logging of issues on internal systems;
- Email support for customers, including logging of issues on internal systems;
- Communicate with 3rd parties including fault logging;
- Collaborate with Line 1 and Line 2 teams to achieve fault resolution;
- To provide support during out of hours as per your contract and when scheduled to maintain the quality of customer service;
- To administer the configuration of all new Entanet accounts;
- To process all Viper Server administration;
- To diagnose customers problems as methodically and efficiently as possible;
- To conduct domain name administration;
- To ensure customer compliance with acceptable use policy via processing of abuse reports.
- To liaise with other Support Teams and the Systems Department to discuss Technical escalations;
- To make regular courtesy calls to the company’s key customers to ensure the service provided to them is maintained at a high standard;
- Taking and replying to Reseller, Viper and End user technical support queries by telephone, fax, email or letter in a prompt and professional manner;
- Provide cover undertaking customer router installs when required;
- Keep up to date with knowledge of the company’s service portfolio;
- Liaise with other internal departments over any customer queries/disputes;
- To suggest improvements to management and team leaders in relation to working practices;
- To work within a team and keep a pleasant working environment;
- To continually keep abreast of new procedures and implement when necessary;
- Any other tasks that may occur from day to day within the department.
WHY? Should you apply?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing company
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career development
WHEN? Do they need people?
- ASAP – 4 weeks/long notice periods will not have any negative effect on your application.
Or email your CV to