We are delighted to be recruiting for a Cost Estimator for one of our valued Manufacturing clients on the outskirts of Wolverhampton. This is an exciting opportunity for a successful applicant to work directly for the Purchasing Manager.
You will be responsible for
- Estimation of cost to manufacture components
- Create and maintain Supplier Business Review documentation
- Benchmark components of competitors during “Tear-Down” exercises
- Value Stream Mapping to drive down costs with improvements to the processes
- Analysing quotations for value for money
- Supplier negotiations and site meetings
- Procurement of equipment and services
- Construct Programme and Scope of Work for projects
- Valuations and Final Accounts of projects
- Production of O&Ms manuals ensuring they are issued
- Maintain high levels of communication to Client / CSL - Project Team / Main Contractor
- Provide projects site specific health and safety method statements and risk assessments
The successful candidate will have the following
- Experience of 'Just in Time' and First Tier Supply to OEM
- A recognised technical qualification (ONC / HND)
- Ability to read technical drawings and engineering specifications
- Negotiating and Data Review experience
- Excellent IT skills – MS Packages (especially Excel and NAV 13 would be a distinct advantage)
Please note: All applicants must come from an Automotive background or similar.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Hours of work will be:-
- Monday – Thursday: 7.45am – 4.15pm
- Fridays : 7.45am – 12.45pm
To apply for the position of Cost Estimator, please call Owen Payne Recruitment and ask for Mikey. Alternatively, please click ‘Apply’ now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75131151