Delivery Service Supervisor
Job Purpose: To take responsibility for the coordination of the Delivery Service for the Droitwich branch, which includes processes and systems. Ensuring the efficient receipt and dispatch of goods is delivered to the customer through effective use of resources in circumstances where time sensitivity and adaptability is key.
Specific Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for end to end delivery of customer service and driving performance to provide high quality customer service
- Be responsible for leading a team (20 vans with 25+drivers) responsible for delivering excellent customer service
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring you and your team have excellent knowledge of all relevant systems, policies and processes and are able to demonstrate the delivery of a first class service to our customer and end-users
- Forward planning to ensure availability of drivers and vans. Pull in additional resources (drivers) as and when needed
- Communicate across organization boundaries from van drivers to directors
- Able to understand, support and deliver service which are to be provided 24 x 7 x 365 basis
- Ensure accurate record keeping is maintained at all times.
- Ensure drivers are briefed/de-briefed at the beginning /end of each day
Be the point of contact for van drivers to deal with queries such as:
-unable to deliver package
-What to do with returns
-Driver unable to turn into work (substitute driver to be found)
-Ensuring hand-held devices are working correctly and fully charged for next day use
- Record mileage at the beginning of shift and end of shift
- Ensure vans are kept clean and tidy. Vans to be washed on a regular basis
-Monitor driver daily check/defect sheets
- Liaising with Fleet Manager re: van maintenance
- Good knowledge of appropriate Post Codes
- Interview/induct/onboard drivers as and when required
- Demonstrate you have a “customer first” attitude and are willing to take ownership for your team
- Adapt to customer demands as and when required
- Track and manage driver performance using KPIs
- Recording / scheduling driver availability to produce a weekly rota
- Orchestrating driver support
Ability to motivate your team in a challenging work environment while ensuring high quality performance
This role requires the ability to work flexible hours including evenings / weekends as and when required.
Co-ordinate the team
- planning and monitoring objectives for achievement
- team and individual motivation
- team building for effectiveness and efficiency
- development and coaching
Leadership – to give team ownership to empowerment, solve problems
Continuously improve team and business performance through measurement and problem solving
Maintain the safety and welfare of the team through safe working practices
Plan ahead - tasks and resources
Liaise with internal/external customers to resolve problems.
Collect, analyse and distribute information/data.
Stay abreast of changes in technology, markets, competition, legislation and apply to the operation.
Specify and ensure levels of support service are in place.
Prioritise and co-ordinate workloads
Completion of tasks to time and quality standards
No customer complaints
Delivering right advice in a timely manner
Minimal involvement in day-to-day running of area i.e. team making own decision
Working to budgets
Successful working partnerships with customers, suppliers and other experts.
Delivering the right advice in a timely manner
Achieving respect of others about your competence.
Practising safe working procedures.Behavioural Competencies
The ability to weigh up information or a situation logically in order to draw clear conclusions, or assess and evaluate possible courses of action
Concern for standards
Concern to ensure that all work is completed to the standard and quality required.
Sense of Responsibility
The willingness to accept responsibility for an ownership of one's own work, and complete it.
The will and the ability to take action, within one'sauthority, before being forced to by events or circumstances,
or being told to by others.
The ability to arrive at new ways of doing things
The ability to organise one's own work and prioritise demands.
Teamwork and co-operation
The will and the ability to work co-operatively with others.
The will and the ability to focus on the requirements of the internal/external customer and to provide a quality service at all times.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
JOB TITLE: Delivery Service Supervisor
RESPONSIBLE TO : - Delivery Service Manager
Specific Qualifications/ Job Training
GCSE/NVQ standard.Experience of working at a similar level.
Supervisor qualification preferred
Job specific qualification preferred
Problem solving/logical thinking
Motivation and Team building
Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight deadlines.
Computer skills – Microsoft Excel essential
Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external.
Able to train others – when required
The ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
Team player with a flexible Can Do attitude
Distribution/Logistics/Supply Chain Environment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75139628